Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Eruptions

March 15 2005
A large number of people have suggested I start a blog of my own. Where I could erupt and spew anger ,bile and occasional love Well love, not so much. Without any censorship. Notice I'm signing my name. I ignore anything by that Greek guy Anonymous. And also by that Latin woman Pseudonym
This is a stressful . Time My baby brother age 60, just had his second surgery for lung cancer yesterday. They removed a lobe of his right lung. They removed considerably more of his left lung five years ago. Please say a prayer for him, he's the nice one in the family
And if you're a smoker, consider giving it up. I smoked cigarettes for 40 years.
It might amuse you to tell you how I stopped. Go back 15 years. I'm sitting at my desk , smoking a Marlboro. The phone rings. It's my bud Harriet. She says "Stop smoking" I squnch my cigarette. Why? I ask They found a tumor in my chest. Shit, what's next, she explains she's going for surgery. That was the last cigarette I smoked. I plan on postponing until I'm 80 when I'll take it up in earnest. Post script, in surgery, the tumor Harriet had was benign. She recovered and resumed smoking
Now to magic/mentalism/psychic entertainment. I understand a disciple of that buffoon Marc Lewis (my personal opinion, which may be substantiated by reading his nonsense) James Bliss has released a book available to the general public. Sharing ideas that don't belong to him. He has "exposed" ideas of the Evasons, Ted Karmilovich, Chris Carter and others. I haven't mention the title because I don't believe in giving him free publicity. I haven't read the "plagarism" (my opinion) However if some one sends me an e copy, I'll review in more depth
This seems to be a trend in mentalism. Releasing ideas that aren't yours. Banachek's Psycvhological Subtleties was a compilation of ideas compiled on the PEA Network. No one has objected, so I guess it's ok. Richard Osterlind has, I'm told, done similar. Permission? Questionable
The problem, as I see it. Desk Top publishing has made every one with a computer an "auteur"
Years back, a half dozen or so people released just about all magic books. They had a back ground and separated the wheat from the chaff. Today, with a word processor , on demand publishers and other vanity press, every yutz whose nephew is amazed with his miracles. Wants to share with us all, for a fee of course
Well thats my first eruption
Nevel let a day go by without offendng some one
Kross

March 16 2005

Thanks to those of you that sent good wishes for my brother. They removed a lobe of his lung. And he appears to be recovering nicely. We appear to be cancer prone. This is his second bout. And some of you know, I had surgery and radiation for thyroid cancer and radiation for prostate cancer

A few people have posted comments, for which I'm grateful. First, I will aslways ignore anonymous posts. If you are afraid to say who you are, who cares! I want to clarify one point. There's a comment by FER. That comment is from one of the more4 creative minds in mentalism Paolo Calvelli. Being a computer illiterate like myself, he screwed up log on.

A lot of people out there are under the mistaken impression I dislike magicians. Nothing further from truth, I love magic, good magic. Not presentation of puzzles. I have close friends that are magicians. But I am not a magician, psychic entertainment is not magic. We occasionally use the same methodology. But psychic entertainment and mentalism owes it's roots more to fake psychics and mediums, IMO, than magic. While I have never performed magic professionally. But did work behind counter at Mecca Magic and performed for my son's birthday parties, when he was growing up

My professional performing career began as a stage hypnotist while I was a senior in high school

I was partnerred with my buddy Al Jason. We studied together at the Ethical Hypnosis Training Center under Harry Arons. And performed at local groups, sweet sixteen parties and swim clubs. To give you an idea of our maturity level . We had business cards printed. His said Jason and Kross, mine Kross and Jason. However the money we earned helped finance our education


Now some comments on my previous blog. A few people said "How dare I review a book I haven't read" Wasn't a review. I don't have to have sex with a pedarast to condemn pedophelia.
The title was a lift from a professional performer. He gave away ideas that weren't his to give. If it were the best memtalism book ever. I would condemn it for that reason. I understand a few members of the cafe have condemned me. I must be doing something right. One member , whose name I didn't recognize (people send me copies) referred to me as a has been. He may be right. But better a "has been" than a never was
remember
Never let a day go by without offending some one
Kross

2 Comments:

Blogger julio said...

Ford, as usual, you did not disappoint me. But I'm not here to say that James Biss has made something "wrong" because, even if he did, as you point out - without the need for me to enter in details - we cannot hail one performer as a genius and another performer as a reprehensible person just because one performer is marketing three diffrent products each week and the other performer is not (yet).

3:57 AM  
Blogger julio said...

Ford, as usual, you did not disappoint me. But I'm not here to say that James Biss has made something "wrong" because, even if he did, as you point out - without the need for me to enter in details - we cannot hail one performer as a genius and another performer as a reprehensible person just because one performer is marketing three diffrent products each week and the other performer is not (yet).

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home