Thursday, March 24, 2005

Mar 25th

Well here we are again. A number of you have PM'd me about adding reviews to this blogProblem is there is public access. And what I discuss can be accessed by anyoneLatest eruption, there is a mentally disturbed pirate out there. SELLING scanned works of others that he's scanned. On the Genii forum, he says high prices, "force" (his term) people to scan. The truth is , scanning and piracy drive prices up. In an attempt to profit from their intellectual property. Creators raise prices to compensate for theft. Some, I'm told, like Steve Duschek, have stopped marketing.A few years back I spoke to a store that many other things sold sheet music. I said, to the proprietor, my musician friends tell me the price of sheet music has sky rocketed. Why? His answer "photo copying " (this was before scanning was common) He said local groups, especially churches, buy one or two copies and make photo copies for every one else.Now I have to give this thief, grudging credit. Though he's advertising sale of stolen material, he doesn't sell it directly. You buy a book from a sell on demand publisher, he's written under a pen name. You describe specific contents. He sends you CD. Clever but still theftIn the monthly journal of an organization to which I subscribe. A well known amateur magician, discusses performers who do readings and senses. He suggests we're all thieves and simply doing magic tricks and should be jailed. IMO, nothing could be further from the truth. Most of the readers I know are most sincere. They follow ancient divination methods, and sincerely try to help people. Whether the methods are valid, is a matter of opinion. Just like your local church or political belief. But questionable validity isn't dishonestyPiss some one off todayfromKross
posted by Kross 7:36 PM

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<<>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home