Thursday, March 31, 2005

Eruptions April no fool!

Some one forwarded a post to me from the "Tragic Cafe" It was a post by a Thomas Burger. I don't know Mr Burger, however, he seems to know me. As he chides both me in one of his post as well as an organization that sounds like a bladder function
He claims , erroneously, that The MOABT is a rip from a UF Grant item some 20 years earlier.
While it's true that the Mother has antecedents, it made IMO substantial changes in all of them. In the original and I assume current instruction the Grant item is clearly credited, In addition, the effect is substantially different. The Grant Item (called True Test) was a test utilizing one paragraph in a Readers Digest magazine. The MOABT is a selection of any word in a large book
It was released over 20 years after Truetest. And Mr Grant was , I believe deceased. There were substantial changes made and it was released as an effect not a routine in a book
I feel this is a major difference. For one thing you can't perform either without buying it. While it's possible to make your own, it's unlikely
Those who have been reading my material for years, know I have given considerable thought to "who owns what" Some say my Suggestive Mentalism is a rework of Orville Meyer's Telepathy in Action" While it uses TIA as a jump off point, it adds things not mentioned in Orville's work. AND I had Orville's permission.
It's often easier to get permission than you think. Again, to SELL something based on some one else's work. You need , I feel, to make a substantive change or get the original creators permission
Till the next thing causes an Eruption
from
Kross

April 6th
It has come to my attention that one James Cheung has released a mental effect. Now Mr Cheung, a few months back when caught with a large file of illegally scanned copies of other people's works. Mr Cheung basically admitted to this on the Mentalist Asylum, saying he'd shared copies with a few of his many friends. And felt there was nothing wrong with this because every one does it. While I'm on the subject, the list owner of the Asylum David Lang, admitted when another thief, was caught out, and resigned from the Asylum admitting his theft. Mr Lang omitted hos admission of guilt in his posting. Mr Lang, also denies , despite evidence, that Ian Rowland is an exposer. I gather like many fools, he believes exposure if psychic entertainers methods (note entertainers) is ok because the public needs to be protected from free thought. As some of you know, I worked for a number of years with psychic readers who believed they were truly psychic. None of these people knew or used any gaffs or what magicians would call effects. I'm not saying they had "real" psychic ability. I'm not denying it either. They mainly studied for years the divination systems they espoused. And applied them sincerely
On a sad note there were two recent deaths . Terry Nosek, former President of the PEA in the '80's passed away from a stroke. Maximillian Veracity Kane, three year old son of bizzare performer Joshua Kane also passed over
My sympathies go out to their families
Kross

April 10th 2005
It seems Cheung has objected to my comments. Resorting to denials and ad hominem attacks. Calling me among other things a bigot. Bwa ha ha ha ha
He admitted on a private forum to swapping with friends. As he said here big f... ing deal. Now as a member of a private forum. I'm bound to keep it's contents confidential. But if you're a member, check the archives. It's all there in black and white and I've made copies
I do agree with him that this copying and trading is pervasive but it is a big f 'ing deal
I'm not going to stoop to his level and pass on the rumors I've heard about Mr Cheung from his supposed friends.
If you trade copies of other people creations. You are IMO a thief. My opinion of Cheung is derived primarily from his own admissions. And his answering with ad hominem attacks. Rather than logic
Kross

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home